Regulation: EU’s New Cyber Resilience Act
On September 15, 2022, the European Commission published a proposal for a new regulation called the Cyber Resilience Act (CRA). The drafted law aims to strengthen digital products in the European Union and also to amend Regulation 2019/1020.
In line with the EU's goal of digital transformation to be the forefront leader in cybersecurity, CRA is created to introduce rules that are not yet covered by previous regulations. The new framework will be applied to a broad range of hardware and software products in the EU market.
If passed, the Commission will monitor its implementation and the compliance of organizations involved as well as the assessing of the effectiveness of the provisions. The Commission is also responsible for reviewing and submitting a report to the Council and the European Parliament after 36 months of the CRA's application and every four years after that.
CRA is currently open for public comment until November 22, 2022.
Report: Law Firms answered Legal Tech Survey
A new report was released which surveyed America’s top law firms to get their extraordinary insight on technology issues, and how they faced cybersecurity threats with legal technology. More businesses invest in the implementation of technology which the pandemic also exacerbates.
Key highlights of the survey include the following:
- 57.1% say that the size of their technology department remains unchanged
- 71.4% of law firms outsource their tech support
- Respondents believe that their top 3 biggest security threats are employee negligence (39.3%), ransomware (35.7%), and phishing attacks (14.3%)
- There is a gradual move to the cloud with 64.3% answering that from 2021 to 2022 their firm's cloud storage slightly increased.
- Microsoft teams is the top application communication tool with 67.9% of law firms using it.
- 31.8% said that they had increased their IT department's capital budget by more than 10%.
Need help? InfiniGlobe is a full-service consulting and software company. We have 20+ years of industry experience working with top corporate legal departments and law firms. Contact us at email@example.com or at (833) LGL-TECH.