To Integrate or Not To Integrate: NetDocs & TeamConnect
Nothing grows in a vacuum. Having different tools that don’t communicate throws a wedge in productivity: there’s more double data entry, there’s more logging in and downloading and saving and uploading, there’s more opportunity to miss something in a folder somewhere.
“Nothing grows in a vacuum.”
Think of integration as a behind the scenes language lesson. Integration clears the way for your software to speak to each other. This improves the flow of information, which is essential to organizational efficiency, visibility and collaboration.
This sets the stage for a great pairing – NetDocuments, a robust cloud-based document management system and TeamConnect, a market-leading ELM (enterprise legal management) software. We did it and we’ve come back with the stories to help you decide to integrate or not to integrate.
Here’s what we learned.
Broken down, here are two solid benefits we found were the advantages of integrating NetDocs and TeamConnect for our clients:
Our client wanted a seamless NetDocs workspace creation experience within TeamConnect. We could pull it off primarily because of
- The availability of a set of REST APIs that not only addressed the requirements at hand, but could potentially address requirements related to several document management tasks like check-in, check-out, read etc.
- Efficient and experienced collaboration with the NetDocs support team which gave us the gumption to go forward with the integration with confidence knowing for a fact that any technical issues the client might encounter post-production deployment will have able hands behind them.
Clearly the advantages of using a industry leading document management platform far outweighs its shortcomings, however the integration did throw us some curve balls while using their authentication mechanism.
This is a problem we solved:
NetDocs used industry standard OAuth 2.0 protocol for authentication, however TeamConnect doesn’t come out of the box with a standard integration strategy to integrate with this authentication mechanism. So we.,.
- Engineered a custom flow to effectively manage the lifecycle of access/refresh tokens.
- Resolved IP based restrictions to generate initial access/refresh tokens.
- Set up the implementation in a way that would require manual intervention in the future.
We like to tackle challenges and this challenge paid off!
So what’s the verdict? Integrate!
Our client has shared with us that their new integration between NetDocs and TeamConnect enables increased operational efficiencies, a centralized view of information, and the security and data integrity they had been looking for.
When asking whether or not to integrate, if your department is using TeamConnect for ELM and NetDocs for CRM, this is a successful case study in a worthwhile integration. We recommend it and would be happy to chat with you about your TC, its dependencies, and potentials for integration with your other software tools.
Learn more about InfiniGlobe legal technology consulting here.
Learn more about NetDocs and their products and services here.
Learn more about the Mitratech TeamConnect platform here.